The aim of Langpark Medical Centre is to provide quality medical care to individuals and families. The best way to do this is for you to have a regular doctor who knows you and your medical problems. At all times we will try to make sure that you can get an appointment with your regular doctor. Sometimes, however, this may not be possible.
As the doctors work together as a team, it is quite easy to make sure that your ongoing health needs are met within the practice, even if you are unable to see your regular doctor.
We believe strongly in preventive health care and patient education. We want you to stay healthy. We offer a full immunisation service for children and adults, and are able to provide you with information for travel health and vaccinations. We offer patients the opportunity to enrol in reminder systems for health checks. If you do not wish to take part in our reminder enrolment service please let your doctor know.
Our doctors are happy to help you with lifestyle issues such as, smoking, diet and weight loss, and are able to assess your risks for heart disease and stroke. We also offer men and women’s health checks, which are a great opportunity for you to discuss your health issues with your doctor. We also like to take the opportunity in all consultations to raise preventive health care issues.
You need a check up if
If you have any of the following, please discuss them with your doctor or make an appointment for a full check-up:
- If you are aged 35 years and over and have not had your CHOLESTEROL checked in the last five years.
- If you are over 45 years, overweight, or have a family history of diabetes and have not been checked for diabetes in the last year.
- If you have a family history of high blood pressure or heart disease.
- If you are a woman aged between 40 and 69 years and have not had a yearly breast examination by a doctor, or have not had a screening mammogram (breast x-ray) in the last 2 years, or have a family history of breast cancer.
- If you are a woman aged between 18 and 70 years and have not had a PAP SMEAR in the last two years.
- If you have not had a TETANUS vaccination in the last 10 years.
- If you are over 65 and have not had a yearly INFLUENZA vaccination.
- If your children have not been vaccinated for TETANUS, DIPTHERIA, WHOOPING COUGH, MENINGITIS, MEASLES, MUMPS, RUBELLA, POLIO AND HEPATITIS B.
- If you have not had any freckles, moles, skin sores or sunspots checked in the last year.
- If you have had a change of bowel habit or bleeding from the bowel or if you have a close relative that has had bowel cancer and have not been checked by your doctor.